Coroner Asks for Help to Stop Hoarding After a Fire Incident

A saddening event transpired on 14th of May 2013 when a house burned down in Honister Place, Newton Aycliffe. Upon the arrival of the fire rescue team, neighbors of the departed, Ann Bradshaw, forewarned the firemen how it will be difficult to get inside because of the owner’s hoarding disorder.

True to their words, it took half an hour to get inside and find the now-deceased due to the fact that the house was full of clutters without enough space to crawl to. Had there been no hoarding involved, the pensioner could have been rescued, insiders reported.

Since the incident, Coroner Andrew Tweddle is asking for more help to address hoarding and the dangers it poses. “The conditions were quite extreme on a number of levels,” he said. “The physical state of the property with the amount of stuff is quite staggering and made the job of the firefighters quite difficult and dangerous.”

Full details of this tragic event can be read here.

Please Post A Comment!

In a hurry or after hours? Complete the convenient form below and we'll get back to you very soon.
I am so impressed with the job that Gregg and Karen did for my aunt's home. Not only did they take the time to explain thorougly what they were going to do, but they did EXACTLY as they promised.

We never expected to get the sales price for the house that we ended up getting. If you had seen my aunt's home before they started, you would know why. By the time the job was done, the house looked totally transformed.

Needless to say... I highly recommend their services!

Nancy G.
Randolph, New Jersey